a call ..... that was better not received...(fictional)


........the morning was pleasant, as it was almost 4 a.m and the birds were rising up with the sun...and I was going off to do my work that was pending since night ...... SLEEP...
good afternoon..it was the time I woke up..nothing special, as it had become usual for me in my holidays.

But something that happened in the evening was not the regular stuff. It was something that I longed for almost 2 years in my life...a call from my long lost past......but now this was a call that I no more expected after the very harsh and bitter break up.
Waking up irritated, saw the number flashing on the screen.....unknown.....reject....silent mode...sleep again
Again the "dur dhwani vartalaap yantra"...a.k.a. cellphone started "burrrrrrrr-ing" from under the pillow.
The unknown number again...But this time I decided to receive it. "Hello ?", I replied in a broken, husky, irritated voice....and there was a similar husky, broken response from the other side...
"Sabyasachi ?"...a voice echoed in my ear...a voice so similar, so familiar....so unforgettable....it was her. But to show that I didn't recognize her ... I tried to be stern of not recognizing her. But that was not possible for much longer.
This was a voice that I had longed for long to hear ever since the day we broke up. A person, for whom I tried everything, to make it up to her ...so that we could again be together. But somewhere in between all the failing attempts and broken strength, somehow I was moving on. But then all of a sudden
Listening to her broken voice, I assumed that there was something wrong. So not being able to keep on my sternness, I ended up asking her the "issue". There was a pause of a small silence. Then breaking the silence, she said things, that though were true, but I did not want to believe them. A moment, when for some time I wish that I wouldn't have received the call.
"I  have a boyfriend now.  We are totally into each other. So I am sorry for whatever happened between us. Sorry for breaking up with you. "
This was something that even I was aware of but did not want to accept, and I was better in that false unawareness.
After the call, all I was left with were, the moments that I had forgotten or pretended to forget ..... and just one question on my mind...."Did u call just to freshen up the wounds? Just to let me know that you're happy without me ?"
Looking at the sun losing itself amidst the clouds, I let my memories also fade away slowly with the light in the dawn. And as the moon rose and shone in the sky, the memories were again pushed back into my head to the place where they were dragged out from, by...a call....that was better not received.....

Comments

  1. Loved it...just amazing bro...I am a fan of your blog....going through a similar phase so I can understand those deep wounded feelings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( :( :( aftr this hve nuthng to say....jus ths much u bttr dnt thnk abt her anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well .."this is me"....its jus a wrk of fiction...
    so chill..n thnx 4 liking it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm... no comments.... jus 1 word,'touchy'.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved it...!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fiction....hmmmm..nyc1

    ReplyDelete
  7. d stry was so touchin.....and am in some wht same conditions...:( loved it..!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

...........just a few more days